BPOS to Office 365 Transition Issues: Lync on Mobile DevicesThis is the third post about issues that one of our client's found recently when they transitioned from BPOS to Office. You can see all of these issues in Support Stories. This time, we're talking about getting Lync working on mobile devices like Android phones, iPhones, iPad and Windows Phone 7 phones. Lync Online for Mobile Devices
After transitioning from BPOS to Office 365, no users were able to use the Lync mobile app. Whenever a user tried, they receive a server error. Trying the same device with an Office 365 (non-transitioned) account was fine, so this seemed more like a transition issue. This was a very easy fix of adding a new DNS record for the domain. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in to your Office 365 account (you must be an administrator for these steps).
- Under the 'Admin' panel, click 'Domains' on the left-hand side navigation bar.
- Click on the radio button next to your primary domain name and click 'View DNS Settings'. (You may need to edit domain intent to allow Exchange Online and Lync Online)
- Look at the bottom of this page for the lyncdiscover DNS record.
- Log in to your domain registrar's control panel and add a new CNAME record with these details.
- Wait for roughly half an hour.
- Try the mobile device again.
- Congratulations, you have won. If this still doesn't work, submit a support request through Office 365's admin panel.