BPOS to Office 365 Transition Issues: Outlook Shared CalendarsThis is the fourth post about issues that one of our client's found recently when they transitioned from BPOS to Office. You can see all of these issues in Support Stories. This time, we're talking about vanishing Outlook shared calendars. Disappearing Shared Calendars in Outlook
After transitioning from BPOS to Office 365, a shared calendar that I had created vanished from my copy of Outlook but was still available to everyone who had been invited to the calendar. This posed a bit of a challenge, because as the owner of the calendar I could not be invited to the calendar - no one could invite other users to the calendar. The solution was very, very simple. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in to your Office 365 account.
- Click 'Outlook' at the top of the screen.
- On the left-hand side, click 'Calendar'.
- Right-click on the calendar you want access to again (look, it's still here!) and select 'Share' then 'Share This Calendar...'.
- Enter your own email address and change the share permission to 'All information with permission to add, edit, and delete', then hit 'Send' at the top.
- Open up the Outlook desktop application, then accept your own sharing invitation.
- Your shared calendar will now be available in the 'Calendar' section of Outlook.
- All done!