Search by tag «care sector ireland»Entries found: 2
- Unit managers can comment directly on critical incident reports and care workers can instantly see the comments. You can give immediate feedback on how an incident was handled, from wherever you are. Praise best-practice and point your team in the right direction when they could have handled a situation better.
- Post the latest research and everyone else in your organisation will instantly be able to read it and learn from it.
- Automated charts will enabled you to see trends in critical incident reports and accident reports, enabling you to easily see how your team is responding to the needs of the young people in your care and letting you re-focus your efforts where they are needed.
- Stop faxing incident reports, accident reports, daily logs, risk assessments, referral forms and other information to unit managers, regional managers or directors - they can be automatically sent to them when they are submitted.
- Reduce phone bills by using Lync for instant messaging and video chats.
- Why waste your time driving three hours for a one-hour team meeting? Conduct your meetings online via Lync without losing the benefits of face-to-face meetings by incorporating video calls, PowerPoint presentations and easy minute-taking. You can even record the meeting, to help keep team members accountable.
- Respond faster to opportunities by storing your crucial 'paperwork' in TaskLight and getting new houses set up quickly.
- Reduce printing and photocopying costs by automatically emailing reports, documents and other information to relevant people.
- Communicate securely, quickly and reliably with email on Exchange Online.