With the beautiful day that it was on Monday, I was lucky enough to be working out in Co. Kildare for the day. In fact, if you look below, you'll see that I was actually just working in a field! This didn't prevent me from working at all though, in fact the day was extremely productive. The combination of a USB modem and Office 365 meant that it felt like I was at my desk, but in the beautiful sunshine! I even managed to run two Lync Online meetings: One a development meeting and the other an introduction to using Lync for online meetings, which involved (among other tasks) me sharing my desktop to show how to set up Lync Online meetings and explaining the best techniques in hosting online meetings.
Working From Wherever - Using Lync Online from Office 365
This was a great learning experience for me - with a USB modem (and a relatively decent Internet connection), I was able to work from a field. This means I'm not as tied to the office as I would otherwise be - I can work from wherever I want.
Lync Online is one of the components of Office 365
. Contact Conor in TaskLight today on 01 901 0304 or email@example.com
to start your free 30-day trial of Office 365
and discover your dream office.
If you're in the residential care industry, then you know that there is a constant drive for innovation and research-backed care. A collaborative environment can help you to improve the care you provide to your young people and help to keep them safe. Here are three ways that TaskLight's solutions can support your organisation in achieving these goals:
- Unit managers can comment directly on critical incident reports and care workers can instantly see the comments. You can give immediate feedback on how an incident was handled, from wherever you are. Praise best-practice and point your team in the right direction when they could have handled a situation better.
- Post the latest research and everyone else in your organisation will instantly be able to read it and learn from it.
Automated charts will enabled you to see trends in critical incident reports and accident reports, enabling you to easily see how your team is responding to the needs of the young people in your care and letting you re-focus your efforts where they are needed.
Can you think of more ways to improve best-practice in residential care using TaskLight? Leave a comment below and let us know.
One of the greatest benefits of TaskLight's solutions is in the cost-effectiveness that they can help you to achieve in your organisation. Here are just 6 ways of the many ways in which we can help:
- Stop faxing incident reports, accident reports, daily logs, risk assessments, referral forms and other information to unit managers, regional managers or directors - they can be automatically sent to them when they are submitted.
- Reduce phone bills by using Lync for instant messaging and video chats.
- Why waste your time driving three hours for a one-hour team meeting? Conduct your meetings online via Lync without losing the benefits of face-to-face meetings by incorporating video calls, PowerPoint presentations and easy minute-taking. You can even record the meeting, to help keep team members accountable.
- Respond faster to opportunities by storing your crucial 'paperwork' in TaskLight and getting new houses set up quickly.
- Reduce printing and photocopying costs by automatically emailing reports, documents and other information to relevant people.
- Communicate securely, quickly and reliably with email on Exchange Online.
Can you think of more ways to achieve cost-effectiveness using TaskLight? Leave a comment below and let us know.
In what I consider to be an excellent turn of events, Microsoft have reduced the cost of their Office 365 user licenses, by as much as 20%. Microsoft has reduced the E1 price from €9 per user per month to €7.25 per user per month. This means a cost saving of €840 a year for a company with 40 E1 users (which includes Exchange email, Lync instant communicator and SharePoint collaboration platform).
, the cost of additional storage on SharePoint Online will also be coming down by a massive 92%, but I have not been verify to find this on Office 365's Irish site.
In a blog post
on the Office 365 blog, Kirk Koenigsbauer from Microsoft's Office Division said that:
As we rapidly add customers, the cost to run Office 365 becomes more efficient. This is the beauty of the cloud where we can deliver economies of scale through our worldwide data centers and economies of skill with our engineers, administrators, and support teams operating the service.
This might hint to further reductions in the cost of Office 365 in the future. We'll keep you informed if this happens.
We use Office 365
extensively and would highly recommend it for a flexible, cloud-based email, communication and collaboration system.