Search by tag «mobile device»Entries found: 1
After transitioning from BPOS to Office 365, no users were able to use the Lync mobile app. Whenever a user tried, they receive a server error. Trying the same device with an Office 365 (non-transitioned) account was fine, so this seemed more like a transition issue. This was a very easy fix of adding a new DNS record for the domain. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in to your Office 365 account (you must be an administrator for these steps).
- Under the 'Admin' panel, click 'Domains' on the left-hand side navigation bar.
- Click on the radio button next to your primary domain name and click 'View DNS Settings'. (You may need to edit domain intent to allow Exchange Online and Lync Online)
- Look at the bottom of this page for the lyncdiscover DNS record.
- Log in to your domain registrar's control panel and add a new CNAME record with these details.
- Wait for roughly half an hour.
- Try the mobile device again.
- Congratulations, you have won. If this still doesn't work, submit a support request through Office 365's admin panel.